Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen on the 25th

Thirteen things I've seen people do dispite the snow on the ground.

1. Walking about in a tee-shirt
2. Overtaking into oncoming traffic
3. Pull out of side street into oncoming traffic
4. Constantly tooting horn while in a line of traffic at the lights
5. Walking on the road in the direction of the traffic
6. Speeding
7. Letting small children run on icy pavements near traffic
8. Driving with no lights in bad visability
9. Not dipping headlights when traffic is coming towards them
10. Only clearing a small porthole in the windscreen
11. Talking on a handheld phone while driving
12. Turning round to tell off children in back seat of car
13. Throwing snowballs at moving traffic

Yep they are almost all traffic related and some are not just stupid but also illegal! It's bad enough that people do these things in good weather but we have snow and ice. And for some crazy reason the roads weren't gritted last night.

The guy tooting the horn was driving one of those big lorries and there was absoluting no reason for it. He kept up the tooting even after the traffic moved off and was still going at it when he took the other turning to me.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list - these T-Shirt guys are unbelievable... but I´ve ssen some in Germany as well. The "strongest" (which means: most stupid) stood for about 6 hours outside in order to get some Robbie Williams tickets =)

My TT is up, too. Please stop by @ Coffee2go - Thanks =)

Mary said...

Man, crazy people! Happy TT, I hope you and yours keep safe.

Raggedy said...

Great list!
I just adore your language differences, dipping, porthole,gritted and big lorries!
I know what they all mean but your words are more colorful to me than the ones we use here.
I love snow.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Milan-zzz said...

Oh well… it seems it’s the same case everywhere ...
Oh and here we have very intelligent snow: whenever it falls during the winter it surprises our communal service!

Happy TT!
Cheers from Serbia!

Nathalie said...

I don't like to drive when it's snowing. People nearly give me heartattacks when they overtake me and I see them slipping before me. Crazy people, they don't seem to see the danger of it.