Friday, December 01, 2006

Appetizer
Have you ever flown in a helicopter?
Yes. I was only 3 or 4 so can't remember much but can remember seeing the world from high up, and loving it. I can also remember my Mum freaking out about me being so near the window, she has vertigo and heights make her weird.

We were on holiday and went out over the sea.

Soup
What color is your warmest coat or jacket?
I have a long red wool coat with a black collar and cuffs. I also have a brown leather, sheepskin lined "bomber" jacket. Like the type Biggles would wear. Does that translate across the Atlantic?

Salad
What is your favorite rainy day activity?
Loads of things.
Scrapbooking
Blogging
Forums - Craft Kingdom and UKS
Watching films
Playing PC games
Giving myself a manicure

Rainy days I'll stay inside if possible.

Main Course
Describe your hands.
One is on the end of my right arm, the other is on the end of my left arm!

Right now they need some moisturiser on and are really dry. My nails are short because the grow so long and then break.

I have a scar between the thumb and finger of my left hand. This is from where I was holding an apple and used a sharp knife to cut it. I needed to have stitches! Just like to warn everyone, never hold an apple while cutting it with a sharp knife! I also have trigger finger in the middle finger (that's where the finger locks bent, doesn't really hurt but is annoying).

My right hand is a mess. I had an accident with my horse and my hand got very broken. I nearly lost 3 fingers. Now they are bent and I can't make a proper fist. I have scars on my little finger and ring finger.

Also I can write with either hand. Left is not so neat as the right. I have always had this talent and it came in useful when my right hand was in plaster for 6 months. I should practice more with my left hand because at one time it was a lot neater.

Dessert
If you could eat only one nut for the rest of your life, what nut
would you pick?

Only one isn't fair. I love nuts. Brazil nuts are good for colesteral levels and almonds are supposed to be good for fat burning.

I love sugar coated nuts of most types. I could live without pistachios.

If I had to pick just one it would be almond for it's fat burning properties and because you can buy almond croissants and I like marzipan.

Join the feast here

10 comments:

Melli said...

WONDERFUL feast! You put a LOT into it! I absolutely love your main course -- I thought today's feast was fairly plain and simple -- but you made it into a Gala Event! Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

hi, what a great idea. i'm going to join for next week.
ps. i love your site and all those who do wander are definitely not lost! (or maybe they are, but since i'm one of them, i'd like to think i'm not lost:)

YellowRose said...

Wonderful feast! You did a great job with your main course!!

Happy Friday!

Chateau said...

Great feast- I enjoyed it! :) Thanks for sharing a sumptous main course. happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Very yummy feast. The description of your hands was very well done. I can almost see them. Happy Friday:)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm more like your mom with heights. :) Don't know who "Biggles" is. Very descriptive courses! I enjoyed them.

Anonymous said...

Nice feast. :) Great salad and descriptive main course! That must have been a scary accident with your hand. My worst riding accident occurred while jumping - the horse tripped after a jump, falling one way, and I feel the other. I broke my L2 vertebra! Otherwise, I've only ever had bumps and bruises from riding/horses.

So cool that you can write with both hands. :)

Have a good day. :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent main course. Thank you for sharing!

meowminx said...

Love your feast! I didnt know almonds are like that! I have put almonds as my dessert too!
I definitely prefer staying in while it's raining! I dont like the rain here, esp with the strong, cold winds.

Mine's up if you want to try my feast :o)

http://www.meowminx.com/babygem

Anonymous said...

Nice feast.. love nuts too... favoite cady is almond joy, so i guess i would pick almonds also